Thursday 28 October 2010

Joe Crozier, Dromore blacksmith

I was doing one of those aimless Google searches when I came across this photo, supposedly taken around 1950, of Joe Crozier, the Dromore Blacksmith.
 I got excited because at first I thought it was the Joseph of the emigrant generation. He had gone to America and stayed a while but then came back to Ireland and settled, first of all in Meenagowan and later at Aghadara. So far nobody has come up with a photo of him.
But although the quality of this picture isn't good I think this man is too young. That Joe Crozier was born in 1874 so in 1950 he would have been 76 years old. I think it must be his son, also Joseph, who was born in 1914 and did work as a blacksmith in Dromore. I found the picture by scrolling through this website where I also found this photo of his forge, last working in the 1980s and now demolished.
As always, further information and comments are welcome.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment